HELSINKI CITIZEN´S ASSEMBLY (hCa)
hCa YOUTH NETWORK
IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (B&H)
MONTHLY INFORMATION BULLETIN
hCa Youth Network in B&H Mission,
Enjoy the reading!
ACTIVITIES OF THE NETWORK IN JANUARY AND PLANS FOR FEBRUARY 2000
hCa Youth Network in BiH during January 2000 implemented following
- As we informed you in last numbers of monthly bulletins at this moment we implement the hCa Youth Network in BiH Campaign Corruption.
We prepared and broadcasted radio jingles on the radio stations throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina. In the framework of the campaign we printed postcards with messages against corruption and it have been sent to all political parties in Bosnia and Herzegovina, international and local organizations and institutions.
During January 2000 we printed also 5.000 copies of labels with same messages, and we distributed them through the organizations members of the Network throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- We collected questionnaires from a huge number of the organizations
At the meantime we distributed the evaluation questionnaires to the members of the Network. The aim of the questionnaire is to perceive the actual state in the Network, joint success and mistakes and possibilities of concrete planning of the future steps.
38 organizations, members of the Network, have sent us 143
- Editor in chief of TNT magazine, Mr. Zlatko Vasic, has started the
The aim of the training is development of different skills: non-violent communication, conflict resolution, communication, negotiations and leading skills.
Benjamin Delahmetovic and Sanela Pasic (team of trainers) together with youngsters from whole BiH have worked on different topics: non-violent communication, cooperation, differences of the national identities, conflict management, non-violence and power, gender relations and negotiations.
We hope that those six days in Bugojno gave to all of us new energy,
- We have held two working meetings with SHL, Nesto Vise (Something
- We prepared the WEB page of hCa Youth Network in BiH. We use this
- In the framework of cooperation with Danish youth organizations DUF
Our members will be honored to open Festival Copenhagen Living. After that Festival music groups will continue the tour in the clubs in Denmark.
Plans for February:
- publishing of 4th number of youth magazine TNT
- Network Coordination Board meeting
- Opening of WEB page of hCa Youth Network in BiH
We use this opportunity to remind our members that hCa Youth Network and its coordinators will support all of their joint or individual projects.
We will support you through project proposals, holding of short local
If you have any questions, or you need more information about hCa Youth Network in Bosnia and Herzegovina, please feel free to contact some of our members or hCa Youth coordinators.
MARTIAL ARTS CLUB BRCKO BRCKO
In January 2000 Martial Arts Club Brcko focused most of its activities
We established contact with organization for physical culture in Gradacac (Federation BiH) that are also interested to establish Martial Arts Club.
We would like to invite all organizations that have interested members for martial arts, especially for Jiu Jitsu to contact us. We can organize seminars for trainers and competitors. At this moment we work on Annual Assembly of Jiu Jitsu Association in RS which will be held at the beginning of February in Brcko District.
Youth center Vermont is non-government, unprofitable citizens
The main problem of our center is lack of financial and material means, which are needed in the work with youth. Also, the space where we work with elementary school pupils are not finished yet.
We would like that hCa Youth Network works on strengthening and connecting of youth organizations through Bosnia and Herzegovina.
ASSOCIATION OF CROATIAN YOUTH
In January we organized English language course in cooperation with
In this month we realized three shows of Youth program.
The Association participates in all youth activities in Brcko District. We received recognition from German organization that expressed the wish for fratization with us.
In February we plan to issue another Bulleting of the Association, and
In this month we also plan to make a movie about the Association which
We will continue with realization of Youth program and learning of English language.
ASSOCIATION OF ENGENEERS BANOVICI
During January we worked on Statute, plan and program of the work of the Association, and we chosen the date for the Assembly (January 30th).
Also, we had very important meeting with OSCE, and we are very grateful to you. On that meeting, couples of things have been agreed:
* Public tribune Water quality in Banovici
Those activities have been planned for February.
CHILDRENS LAND TUZLA, YOUTH CENTER PINKLAND BANOVICI
During January, Youth Center Pinkland worked on following activities:
* Continues work of all sections
* Preparations for rock concert which should be in our center in
* We started dancing school for pre-school children, fitness for
* We re-started table-tennis school which is very successfully led by
* Preparations for table-tennis mach
* For a two months in settlements Grab Potok and Jezevac in mini centers a lot of youngsters are gathering every day through different sections: dance, PC section, journalist section, art and sport sections.
Over 150 youngsters are involved in mentioned activities.
For next month we plan:
* Rock concert
DEMOCRATIC CENTER NOVE NADE (NEW HOPES) BIHAC
In Democratic Center New Hopes Bihac in January we have done:
* meeting of the Association of young musicians Rage Plant
* meeting of Municipal Board of BSP
* Conference of professors at University of Bihac
* Computer course Informatics + Internet from the beginning of month,
* We were present at the editorial meeting of magazine for everything
* We distributed magazine NEPITANI in Una-Sana Canton
* Democratic center organized the art exhibition of young artist from
* We are making the members cards of Democratic Center because of huge number of users.
ASSOCIATED WOMEN BANJA LUKA YOUTH GROUP
During the last period, members of youth group of the organization
One of them is workshop on non-violent
Based that, we participated in promotion and realization of campaign Against corruption in BiH. The members of our group
The members of our group actively participate in education of women in
The introductory of this public tribune was Ms. Nada Golubovic, the
YOUTH ASSOCIATION ALTERRA BANJA LUKA
Youth Association Alterra from Banja Luka at the beginning of February
Those that helped this event to happened: Revolt Banja Luka,
HELSINKI BOARD FOR HUMAN RIGHTS IN RS YOUTH GROUP BIJELJINA
The Youth group of Helsinki Board for Human Rights in RS from Bijeljina
The articles about this event were published in Semberia newspapers.
Our group is consisted of 60 students and high-school pupils (among them 15 is very active). We have all support from Helsinki Board for Human Rights, which offered us their office, equipment and Internet.
YOUTH CENTER GORNJI VAKUF USKOPLJE
* During January we were focused on creative and recreate activities, we
* We had a visit of American volunteers, our old friends, who have spend
* The project Third Step is approved, series of workshops for children
* We had two-day seminar with the stuff of the Center. The topic was
* Two persons from management team have been present on seminar in
* One activity leader participated on MIRamiDA
* Couple of international organizations representatives have visited our
* Another young American volunteer is spending a month with us and he
Plans for next month:
* Presentation of the Centers activities will be held and diplomas will
* Photo exhibition of the Center, since it was founded until today
* Starting of new three-month cycles
* Starting of Third Step project
CITIZENS ASSOCIATION KORAK (STEP) YOUTH CENTER KOZARSKA DUBICA
Youth center Kozarska Dubica that works within Citizens Association
These days we are trying to do something and we hope that we could be active again. Until now we worked on different projects, mostly data bases about education, health, economical development, enterprises and transition, development of democracy and human rights, improvement of life quality.
YOUTH ORGANIZATION ZIVOT JE LIJEP (THE LIFE IS NICE) MILICI
Youth organization The life is nice Milici in the last period worked
The first one is related to educational lectures (AIDS, alcoholism and drug addiction, Internet, culture ), and the second one is related to CD-ROM reading-room.
We would like to ask all interested organizations to help us to find the donors for those projects.
At this moment we are realizing the project Amateur theatre troop and two psychodrama projects.
YOUTH CLUB LIPA LIPNICA
After the holidays, the Youth club Lipa is summarizing the last year
Project COLOURS 2000 will start in the last week of January. We will continue to clean the snow around the public institutions, as well as near the houses of elderly people.sak om den russiske reportaren
The exchange project with Club Kult is at the finishing phase. It was
URBAN CONCEPT VISEGRAD
Finally we succeeded to solve the e-mail problems (we hope). For such
The office of the Foundation Nova Bosna (New Bosnia) is not working any more in Visegrad, so you can send us the messages directly to this address.
We received the invitation from Annette Bull from CARE BL for European Youth Council seminars.
In the last period we did not have any special activities, except the
We established very good cooperation with group of people and couple of bands from Sokolac who are working on the organization of concerts in Sokolac (GOBLINI, together with 6 local bands from Serb Sarajevo, Sokolac, Visegrad, Milici and VAN GOGH with other three bands from Sokolac). The CD was recorded on the first above-mentioned concert.
YOUTH ASSOCIATION OF SRBAC UMS
Youth Association of Srbac during this month has received the donation
We participated at regional seminar organized by CARE International in
At this moment we are preparing the realization of the project Fine Arts & Ecological Colony on Bardaca, which will be realized in couple of next months titled Arts in Ecology Ecology in Arts.
Fine Arts & Ecological Colony is traditional event that has been held in last 20 years in Bardaca, natural reservation near Srbac. Aimed to interest you as much as possible we will present you the basic
Until this year, in the work of this Colony participated 171 artists and
Our aim is to provide material means for this year event and we would
YOUTH ASSOCIATION SUNCE (SUN) SIPOVO
Youth Association Sun Sipovo in last period received donation from
We are planning to work on the project of foresting of location in Sipovo
INDEPENDENT JUNIOR ZENICA
* On 21st January we held 4th meeting of AR Group in Sarajevo, organized by IBHI, where we agreed final objectives which needs to be done for report. The participants are informed about additional authors which will write the report, the final version of questioner
* On 21st January we attended the round table titled Media and
In the last week of January we plan more activities which will be
Activities planned for February:
* Two-day excursion on Lisac mountain
MUSIC GROUP 16TH SEPTEMBER TUZLA
At the end of December band 16th September worked on preparation of
During January we continued with preparations for the tour in Denmark (3rd 14th February 2000). We are honored to open Festival Copenhagen Living and officially start the realization of the exchange project with Danish bands (WIRED).
After the Festival that will last three days, we will continue the tour
We want to point out that, together with us in Denmark will go band
After the tour we will work on recording of new material and on the distribution. Also, we will work on organization of the tour of Danish bands that will come to BiH in March.
If you are interested for cooperation, you can contact us in hCa Tuzla or e-mail: email@example.com
More information about our group you can find at:
In last edition of the bulletin there were mistakes about contact
Sasa Mandzukic 075/ 238 180, 238 612
STUDENT ASSOCIATION STUDENTS FUTURE PEACE ZENICA
During this month, the members of our association worked on the project
Our members applied for the workshop in Bugojno, but, unfortunately,
YOUTH ROMA ACTIVISTS CLUB OF THE TUZLA MUNICIPALITY
We were supposed to organize Roma event, which should be held, according to our tradition, on 13th - 14th January, but we did not get the means.
Youth Roma activists club of the Tuzla Municipality will organize this
Besides this, we are working on two projects for Roma youth titled:
* Seminar of Roma youth from the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina
* Meeting of Roma cultural institutions from Tuzla Canton
YOUTH FOLKLORE ENSEMBLE SA E ROMA TUZLA
The cultural group participated in the program of the New Year Eve.
On 19th January we participated on the meeting of Roma youth from Tuzla Canton. On the meeting we discussed the problems of Roma youth on Tuzla Canton. On the meeting, the following conclusions have been made:
* Roma youth hardly find a job
* The youth has to find the modus with other associations to educate as
* The youth should ask for the status of national minority
* The youth asked that all conclusions should be sent to all relevant
YOUTH CENTER IPAK SIMIN HAN
* The course of English and German language is performed in the Center. Each course will last for 9 months, and after its is finished, the
* In January IPAK started the preparation of the journalism school for
* We prepare our representative for the workshop organized by Center for Education and Advising of Women CESI, which will be held in Zagreb, next weekend.
* Besides the journalism school, we are working on establishment of
* Center is open every day, except Mondays.
YOUTH HOUSE TUZLA
Drama studio PAT during January started new project SAMOVNIK 1. The premiere will be in March 2000. Also we are working on re-establishment of play GRAD which should be played during February.
At the same month we plan to have second showing of poetry performance SAMOVNIK.
Members of Drama studio are in Bugojno, participating at the seminar about non-violent communication (24th 31st January 2000), organized by hCa Youth Network.
Folklore ensemble prepares new choreographs and prepares
We will re-activate strip studio COMIC ROLL, so we can issue new numbers of the one. We are discussing the possibilities to start small puppet theatre, which has long and successful tradition in the framework of Youth House.
Many students are attending courses of informatics and English language. The idea of Internet café is finalized, so we plan to make the project.
ASSOCIATION OF ROMA YOUTH KATE ACHA SAPNA
During January 2000 ROU Kate Acha worked on:
* We asked for support for elementary school pupils. Unfortunately, the
* We worked on the project of Night School but we collected only basic
* We wont to point the work in last year, we are young association which
* We plan to work on: culture, sport, music, human rights protection,
Now we have the infrastructure (the road, water supply, and power) in
We use the opportunity to greet all those who have been at the workshop
FORUM OF TUZLA CITIZENS URBAN CULTURE
Urban culture started new project publishing of weekly/monthly agenda
In February we plan an action for St. Valentines Day 14th February,
Also, we use this opportunity to inform you about two music events.
More information about this you can get from DJ Red Different Style (firstname.lastname@example.org)
18th February 2000 (Friday)- very important techno party in Tuzla. Two
CITIZENS ASSOCIATION NASA DJECA (OUR CHILDREN) ZENICA
Our organization is founded in October 1991, and we were registered in
The organization succeeded to become little school and place for fun and organized using of free time for thousands of boys and girls from Zenica, as well as refugees.
We plan activities each year, and we realize them through the projects
Organization Our Children succeeded to gather each month about 300
Activities of the organization:
* Informing of youth with the articles of Convention
* Achievement of right of children written in Convention
* Work with children and youth (youth parliament, youth press)
* Education (foreign language courses, computer course)
Some of the project which are realized or prepared for realization:
* Protection of mental health of children
* Tina preparations of teenage girls for working engagement and
* Parliament Our Children Zenica
* I want home project for refugee children
* Music studio Our Children professional and technical support for
* Youth press school of journalism
* Art workshop in cantonal hospital Zenica children department
* Through music and sport to the heart of everyone
* Support to the youth in Home and Family Zenica
* Transit center children Club
* Tin Tina education of youth for working engagement
* Publishing (Svjetlosanka mastovanka, audio tape Fairy Tales and
YOUTH CLUB "VERMONT" BRCKO
CITIZENS ASSOCIATION NASA DJECA ZENICA
RKUD SREDNJE PODRINJE BANOVI?I
MARIO STIPIC GLAMOC (Individual)
The site http://www.transitions-online.org has been running for about a
Transitions Online is being expanded into the most prominent and extensive online source of information on the Balkans, Central and Eastern Europe, and the former Soviet Union.
Reliable, motivated journalists are crucial to our project's success. To
The responsibilities will be:
* to work closely with editors regarding the events in their home
* to contribute news bites for our weekly news service
* to monitor media in their region
* to occasionally write full-length stories and to suggest and contact
* to contact local photographers and artists to provide visual
The journalists will remain in their country of origin but will be in
We are looking for young, dynamic, and motivated journalists who can provide interesting local angles on wider regional trends with a thorough knowledge of their home country.
The candidate must have excellent English skills and sound news judgement, and should be easily contactable -- preferably by e-mail
Salary and weekly commitments will be discussed at
If you are interested in becoming a Transitions Online stringer, please
Please pass this message along to anyone you think might be a good